Thursday, September 11, 2008

Virtual Bank Line Celebrity Cameo

Last night I was taking the Badb to her father's house, which involved getting in a truck and driving over what looked like the landscape from the beginning of The Chronicles of Riddick where Vin Diesel is running over the frozen planet. It's like a fingerprint magnified a million times into a series of giant ridges. And I was driving on one of them.

I'm sure there's a word for when it's alternately raining and snowing, and the ground is covered in half-frozen slush, but coming from Arizona, I don't know what that word is. I just know that I was driving my pig of a truck through it and I couldn't concentrate. My gaze kept drifting to the back seat where Badb was sleeping, out the passenger window to check out the scenery, anywhere but on the road in front of me. More than once, I nearly drove off the road, off a cliff, and into a deep ravine.

We got to the Badb's father's house, but it wasn't his house. He was living there with his father. It was two in the morning when we arrived, and everyone in the house was up. I think it was because someone had just had a baby, but it wasn't someone related to the family. I started introducing everyone to my friend, Jim Carrey, but got annoyed that nobody seemed to recognize him. The funnier part of that was that Jim Carrey didn't even seem to notice that nobody gave him a second glance.

Then I had to move my truck out, but it was tricky because there were evil men that I was trying to escape. I went back into the house, but the house had turned into something like a convent and the nuns were hiding me from a man who looked like the movie portrayal of Sir Thomas More in A Man for All Seasons, but who was sputtering to me about The Lord of Sweatpants.

Luckily, I woke up soon after that.

1 comment:

PirateGuillermo said...

I'm not surprised if you're processing about Elrick.