Monday, September 22, 2008

PFC Virtual Bank Line reporting for duty SIR!

At the very tail end of last night's dream, I was going on a business trip to Reno. Not surprising, considering that much of my team is in Reno and yesterday I was thinking about having to go in the next couple of weeks.

I got off the plane and was herded onto a train that let me off in a giant station filled with formations of people marching purposefully here and there. I took an escalator up to an observation deck that looked out on a practice yard. Down below were two men, one of whom was holding something that looked like a polearm, except that it had a huge sort of sharpened claw-looking thing on one end, and a big, curved blade at the other. The man against whom he was fighting wore armor that looked like horizontal sheets of glass held in place with rods. The glass kept the polearm from contacting the man's skin, but he was careful nonetheless.

I went into a room for a meeting with my boss, who was giving me my annual review. The result of my review was that I was being promoted to Lieutenant, and my next duty assignment was learning our company's policies and procedures in Italian.

I'm still a little confused.

No comments: