Thursday, August 21, 2008

Worlds Enough, and Time

I'm currently in that pleasant place where I'm working very hard editing one project and starting the wheel moving on the next one.

Whenever I'm in this place, I'm constantly irritated by the fact that I just don't have enough time. I have a job that's fairly demanding. Every minute I'm at work(okay, every minute except this one) is taken up with stuff. My "To Do" list currently stands at slightly short of 100 items, although many are tiny.

I have children who don't raise themselves. The little one, who's been an angel lately, has been wishing for more attention, more snuggles, more Mommy. The older one is trying very hard to assert her independence now that she's got her driver's license, but she's making very 16-year-old decisions that need a lot of guidance.

I have a husband and little doggies and in-laws. I have people who need attention, and I want to give them that attention because it feels good to do it. I'm one of those people who needs that attention. I've been running again, trying to put in an hour a night, but for every hour I spend running, there are sixty little things that I'm not doing.

I'm sure that everyone has this same dilemma. If I do this, I can't do that. It's part of being human, I know.

But if I could just write more, that would really be something. Wouldn't it?

No comments: