Monday, February 28, 2005

National Novel Editing Month

Tomorrow begins National Novel Editing Month. I've got my novel all set to go, I've committed to showing up to public events.

I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like to have, but I couldn't tell you why. After the whole let down with the agents, I just lost momentum. I'm sure it happens to other people all the time, but that's cold comfort. I know that I should just stay on the horse, ride it out and keep working, but it's hard. I'm pretty unmotivated by the whole thing.

I need to dust a few things off and shove them the hell out of the house. The only thing that makes it all worthwhile is that I do have stuff out there, on people's desks.

I've bought the new "Writers' Market Guide to Literary Agents," and from what they're saying, I'm on the right track. It's just such a goddamn LONG track.

No comments: