Friday, November 07, 2003

Retreat! Retreat!

Went to go see Matrix Revolutions on Wednesday. Disappointed in that the potential of the original remains unrealized.

There were several previews, one of which was very alarming
There were several previews, one of which was very alarming. The Alamo. I see our country becoming increasingly jingoistic, isolationist and xenophobic, and it frightens me. The lines between "us" and "them" are being continually drawn in narrower and narrower circles, and while ideologically I'm quite happy to be outside that circle, it appears to be an increasingly dangerous proposition. I can hardly wait to leave.

Off to a three-day retreat to see just how many words I can write when I've nothing else to do. If I'm very good, I'll make a sizeable dent in the book this weekend.

No comments: